- Microsoft BUILD 2013 went on sale a few hours ago
- Initially the registration for BUILD 2013 sold out too in a few hours, but as of now it is no longer sold out.
- My guess is that there were two plans (medium vs. large event) depending on how many registered. It would appear they allocated additional tickets after the first batch sold out. It can’t be any smaller/messier than the Redmond one.
- This year is being held at Moscone Center in San Francisco, home to many Apple events and formerly Microsoft Professional Developer Conferences in 1992 and 1996.
- Apple has held up to 5,000 attendees at its WWDC events in the same venue.
- Last year’s BUILD 2012 at the company’s Redmond campus sold out in less than an hour, one of the most hyped Microsoft events. Estimated 2,000 attendees.
- Lots of anticipations for goodies after last year’s Surface+Lumia giveaway. Microsoft’s Raymond Chen gives some behind-the-scenes insight into the chaos of the BUILD 2011 giveaway.
- Windows 8.1, Windows Phone “Blue” and something next-XBOX related (rumoured E3 debut is two weeks earlier) anticipated to be the highlight of the event.
tl;dr is a new series of shorter dot-point posts since I now have less time to write while working on my new startup. Let me know what you think of them.