From: Zune Insider Blog
Subtle. Only a few weeks ago did Microsoft deny all allegations and speculation about the ‘Argo’ and Zune projects. A week later, “Hey everybody, let’s talk about the Zune for a second. Never heard of it before? That’s alright. Neither have we.”
What does this slide confirms to us about the Zune?
- It is going to be integrated experience (store, format, device, accessory, etc.)
- It is not just the player, Zune encompasses software too
- Release and ship before end of year
- Sharing entertainment in a community level
That’s great. Just as I got hold of a Clix, my first DAP ever, then Microsoft delivers the iPod-killer.
Also, just some tidbits I found around the interweb.
- Zune comes with pre-loaded content
- Zune utilities Wifi 802.11b (11mbps/2.4GHz) for wireless connectivity