With possibly the worst-designed website promoting a computing industry event, the eGames & Entertainment Expo is going to be
kicking strafing off in Melbourne from the 17-19th of November 2006. I have high hopes for this event because the E3 has been scaled down, giving a great opportunity for any entertainment exhibition to gain a large amount of visitors and exhibitors. But the seriousness and professionalism of the organisers has me worried.
- Did anyone actually check-over and approve this website? Look at the document title, “Entertinment”?
- Who designed the site? If you turn off CSS styles, it actually looks better. Did this designer know how to use padding?
- The lack of content about anything is distressing.
- The “Visitor Info” page has “computers” listed as some of the things you’ll see at the expo.
- “Video games” and “computer games” are different somehow?
- There isn’t even a list of exhibitors. Is anyone coming?
- Under “Exhibitor Info – Floor Space”, apparently there is “Space only available”. It kills me to ask, what isn’t available?
- It’s always frightening when one of the pages has the heading “under construction”. Did someone bring back Web 1.0?
I guess we’ll just have to wait and see. To the organisers, if you’re reading this, I wouldn’t mind a press-pass for the VIP media event on the 17th.